Pierre Sakali, M.D.
Pierre Sakali is a Board-Certified medical allergist and has been practicing allergy, asthma and immunology for over seven years. He truly cares about the well-being of his patients as evidenced by his sincere joy when he’s able to help someone.
Medical Training and Education in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Pediatric and Adult Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology Fellowship: Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Internal Medicine residency at St. John Hospital & Medical Center: Detroit, Michigan
- Doctor of Medicine Diploma: University of Tichreen (1999)
- American Board Of Allergy and Immunology ABAI (2007)
- American Board of Internal Medicine ABIM (2005)
Publications Does parasitic infection protect against allergy? Dr. Pierre Sakali, Ricardo U. Sorensen. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2006; 82(4):241-2.
Abstracts for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Adiposity May Enhance Pulmonary Dysfunction in Obese Asthmatic Adolescents. Annual meeting of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, San Diego, CA, 2007.
- Asthma, Obesity, and the effect on airway inflammation. Annual meeting of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, San Diego, CA, 2007.
- The Effect of Eradication of Occult Helicobacter Pylori Infection on Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria. American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology, Philadelphia, PA, 2006.
- Cardiac complications during L-asparaginase desensitization. Annual meeting of the American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology, Anaheim, CA, 2005.
- Do patients know why they are not being treated for hepatitis C? Annual meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, San Francisco, CA, 2005
- Amyloidosis presenting as Orthostatic Hypotension. Michigan Chapter associate Meeting of ACP-ASIM.
- Stevens – Johnson syndrome (SJS) secondary to vancomycin therapy in a patient with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). Michigan Chapter associate Meeting of ACP-ASIM.
Membership in Medical Associations for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Member of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Member of Arizona Allergy and Asthma Society
- Member of Tucson Allergy Society
- Pima county Medical society
- Anaphylaxis Community Experts (ACE)
- Clinical Assistant Professor at the Department of Medicine at the University of Arizona.
- Current President of Tucson Allergy Society.
Honors and Awards
Award from the Department of Internal Medicine for outstanding resident research in 2005, at St. John’s Hospital.
Hobbies and Interests
- Musical instruments
- Listening to music
- Playing soccer