Medical Training and Education in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Pediatric and Adult Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology Fellowship: Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Internal Medicine residency at St. John Hospital & Medical Center: Detroit, Michigan
- Doctor of Medicine Diploma: University of Tichreen (1999)
Does parasitic infection protect against allergy? Dr. Pierre Sakali, Ricardo U. Sorensen. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2006; 82(4):241-2.
- American Board Of Allergy and Immunology ABAI (2007)
- American Board of Internal Medicine ABIM (2005)
Membership in Medical Associations for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- President of Tucson Allergy Society 2011-2014
- Member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Member of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Member of Arizona Allergy and Asthma Society
- Current member of Tucson Allergy Society (2015)
- Pima County Medical Society
- Anaphylaxis Community Experts (ACE)
Abstracts for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Adiposity May Enhance Pulmonary Dysfunction in Obese Asthmatic Adolescents. Annual meeting of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, San Diego, CA, 2007.
- Asthma, Obesity, and the effect on airway inflammation. Annual meeting of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, San Diego, CA, 2007.
- The Effect of Eradication of Occult Helicobacter Pylori Infection on Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria. American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology, Philadelphia, PA, 2006.
- Cardiac complications during L-asparaginase desensitization. Annual meeting of the American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology, Anaheim, CA, 2005.
- Do patients know why they are not being treated for hepatitis C? Annual meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, San Francisco, CA, 2005
- Amyloidosis presenting as Orthostatic Hypotension. Michigan Chapter associate Meeting of ACP-ASIM.
- Stevens - Johnson syndrome (SJS) secondary to vancomycin therapy in a patient with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). Michigan Chapter associate Meeting of ACP-ASIM.
- Clinical Assistant Professor at the Department of Medicine at the University of Arizona
Hobbies and Interests
Listening to music
Honors and Awards
Award from the Department of Internal Medicine for outstanding resident research in 2005, at St. John’s Hospital.