Medical Training and Education in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Pediatric and Adult Allergy, Asthma and clinical Immunology Fellowship: Louisiana State University, New Orleans
- Pediatric residency: Louisiana State University, New Orleans
- Doctor of Medicine Diploma: University of Tichreen (1980)
Allergy Asthma and Immunology Certification
American Board Of Allergy and Immunology ABAI (1995) recertified (2005)
- Recurrent infections, chronic Urticaria, and failure to thrive in seven month old infant. Annals of Allergy, 1991 Volume 67, Number 4: 389.
- Antibody levels and response to pneumococcal vaccine in steroid dependent asthma. Annals of Allergy, 1993, Volume 70 Number 4:289.
Membership in Medical Associations
- Fellow of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology.
- Member of Arizona Allergy and Asthma Society.
- Member of Tucson Allergy Society.
- Pima county Medical society.
Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Recognitions
- Head Section of Allergy/Immunology At St. Joseph Hospital in Tucson, AZ
- President of Arizona Allergy/Asthma Society 2000-2001
- President Of Tucson Allergy Society 1996-1998
- Clinical Lecturer Department of Pediatrics, University of Arizona
Clemens Von Pirquet Award for the best paper written on allergy/Immunology by a fellow in training. (1991)
Hobbies and interests
Tennis, volleyball, and gardening. Dr. LaHood held the world record for the largest radish at 44.3 lb for 3 weeks until it was overcome by a Japanese! How's that for an immunology specialist?